GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Cookbook author and foodie extraordinaire, Gina Ferwerda, joined My West Michigan to share some delicious holiday recipes.
Cherry-Lemon Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 cup (8 oz) NoMI Cherry + Lemon Sparkling Water
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Fresh Cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon (or some zest of a lemon and orange)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar in NoMI Sparkling Water over medium heat. Stir in cranberries, almond extract, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, frequently stirring. Take off heat and stir in dried cherries. Let cool, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Black Cherry Mimosas
Need a tasty cocktail for Thanksgiving or holiday weekend brunch?
- 8 black sweet cherries, stemmed and pitted (thawed, if using frozen cherries)
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (12 oz) can NoMI Cherry Sparkling Water
- Chateau Chantal Bubbly Cherry Wine
Roughly chop cherries and add to a small bowl, then mix in almond extract. Equally, divide cherry mixture among the bottoms of 4 champagne flutes. Add 3 ounces of NoMI Cherry Sparkling Water to each flute and top with Bubbly Cherry Wine.
Cherry Berry Lime Smoothies
After a long holiday weekend, here’s a great smoothie to get you back on track!
- 2 cups frozen Cherry Berry Blend (or assorted frozen cherries and berries)
- 1 (12 oz) can NoMI Cherry Lime Sparkling Water, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ripe banana, optional
- Honey, to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Add all ingredients to a blender or Vitamix, blend until smooth. Equally, divide mixture into glasses and top off with some extra sparkling water, to serve.
These recipes brought to you by our good friend Gina Ferwerda at nomnews.com